So how exactly do we "get it right"?

Monday, November 3

What -- you, too, Associated Press ...

As a former "stringer" of news stories to the Associated Press in my younger years, I learned the news organization's ethical ropes.

Because back then stories had to be fair and balanced, I remember a couple of times being asked to complete my story with the other side's comments, or to leave my personal view out and just report the facts. I took no offense because I understood the AP was the supplier of straight news. No spin alllowed.

My, how times have changed. Not only are newspapers and TV news departments almost all pro-Obama [and anti-God for that matter], but the most spun "reporting" is coming from the AP, intent on convincing McCain supporters to abandon all hope down the stretch.

Consider this lead from an AP disatch...

WASHINGTON – That smiling guy walking down the street? Odds are he's a Barack Obama backer. The grouchy looking one? Don't ask, and don't necessarily count on him to vote next week, either.

The New York Times, sure, but not the Associated Press. Yet its partisan efforts make the AP the rotted cherry atop the cess pool that is mainstream media in America.

Read P.J. Gladnick's column at NewsBusters.com for the FULL story!

No comments: